Growing medical cannabis in the Czech Republic is regulated by Act No. 167/1998 Coll., on dependency producing substances and amendment to some other acts, as amended. This act stipulates the possibility of growing medical cannabis exclusively on the basis of a license granted by the State Institute for Drug Control (hereinafter the “SUKL”). A tender is conducted for granting the license.
Growing medical cannabis is possible in compliance with the aforementioned act upon fulfilment of the following conditions:
- the applicant must fulfil the conditions of the tender
- the applicant must have a license from SÚKL
- the applicant must have a handling permit (Ministry of Health)
- Selection criteria:
- the offer price constitutes 75%, the offer price must be lower than the price of medical cannabis available from other countries,
- tender documentation,
- technical conditions, incl. rules of good growing practice
The winner of the tender will be granted a license to grow medical cannabis.