- Adhere to the prescribed dosage and never change the recommended dose without consulting your physician.
- When starting to use medical cannabis, it is recommended that another person be present with the patient; solitude may evoke unpleasant emotions.
- The speed of the effects is highly individual and depends on the patient’s sensitivity.
- The recommended method of administration medical cannabis is e.g. inhalation.
- Inhaling medical cannabis is recommended exclusively using a vaporiser. During vaporisation, the substance is heated to a given temperature at which the active ingredients are released.
Inhalation using a vaporiser
During inhalation using a vaporiser, always follow the instructions of the vaporiser manufacturer. When inhaling medical cannabis, the active ingredients are rapidly absorbed. The maximum effect is generally achieved within 15 minutes and gradually subsides over three to four hours. If the effect is insufficient, you may inhale for a longer period or more frequently. Stop inhalation as soon as the desired effect is achieved or if undesirable side effect appear.
Example of procedure when inhaling using a vaporiser:
- Insert one dose of medical cannabis as recommended by your physician into the vaporiser, heat according to the manufacturer’s instructions and inhale once.
- Wait 5 to 15 minutes before the next inhalation.
- Repeat the entire procedure including the interval between two inhalations, until the desired effect is achieved.
- The procedure may be conducted 1 to 2 times a days according to the physician’s instructions.
Smoking is unsuitable because it involves burning of medical cannabis, hazardous substances enter the body and the active ingredient escapes from the cannabis itself.
If you used a larger dose of medical cannabis than you should have, you may experience the below mentioned side effects.
If you forgot to use the dose of medical cannabis:
- if you forget to use the dose at the usual time, use it as soon as you remember,
- do not use several doses at once to replace the missed dose.
If you have stopped using medical cannabis:
If you have decided to stop using medical cannabis for any reason, inform your physician. If you suddenly stop using medical cannabis, it may affect your sleep, appetite and emotions for a short time. If you have any other questions regarding medical cannabis, ask your physician.